Penthouse on the Canal, 1 bedroom, Shoreditch
Shoreditch is an East End suburb with an interesting cultural mix of people and venues. There’s a distinct lack of chain stores, and an edge to every one of the boutique shops, taverns, bars and restaurants. The area has a hip vibe, and is a hub for fashionistas, artists and musicians. Wander Shoreditch High Street and its side streets and you’ll find an assortment of trendy clubs and cafes, vintage shops and street wear shops. A particular hotspot at the weekends is nightclub Cargo on Rivington Street.
Spitalfields to the South has a colourful history and the marketplace underwent a lengthy regeneration programme which resulted in the creation of two new public spaces: Bishops Square and Crispin Place. Amongst the food stalls, clothes and jewellery stalls are cocktail bars and designer shops such as the Mischa Barton Boutique.
A little way around the corner from Shoreditch and the City is vibrant Brick Lane, better known as the curry mile, offering the adventurous foodie a fragrant haven of all things Asian. The Whitechapel Art Gallery, which has debuted world-class artists such as Pablo Picasso, Lucien Freud and Gilbert & George, is on nearby Whitechapel Road.
If you’re looking for a unique home rental in an up and coming area, Shoreditch is the area of the moment, with a variety of distinctive modern apartments as well as period properties and mews homes.
No smoking, no pets and no parties please!
Beautifully decorated with modern interior design, art-work and quality appliances. Open-plan kitchen, dining and living area with one great wall of double-height windows. Opens out to a wooden balcony to accommodate al fresco dining and drinks as well as providing a super spot to view the Regent's Canal and watch the houseboats, kayakers and families of swans and ducks go by! You feel like you're in a little oasis right in the middle of the City.
The colourful bathroom is equipped with fluffy towels and has a bath (with shower overhead), loo and sink.
Let the mezzanine be your sanctuary after a hard day's work, shopping or sight-seeing. There's a comfortable king-size bed (with memory foam mattress) and a further sitting area with large grey suede sofa, coffee table and 42'' flatscreen tv. For guests visiting in winter time, this area is particularly cosy!
Guests will enjoy a quiet nights sleep in this property as it's set well away from the road... another one of the benefits of being on the canal!
Walk to Hoxton Square, Brick Lane, Spitalfields, Broadway Market, Columbia Rd Flower Market and Islington - all within 10-20 minutes. Or, if you'd like to see more of what is being called the coolest part of London - Dalston - you needn't walk too far from the front door at all. Further down the same street is 'Pho Mile', home to London's finest Vietnamese restaurants, as well as other edgy and arty cafe/bars. You’ll fine a wide range of cuisine within the local area – British gastro pub, Vietnamese, Thai, Indian and even an American-style diner by Old Street.
The closest Underground stations are Liverpool St and Old St. It's a 2 minute walk to the Haggerston Overground, which will zoom you down to Oxford Street in 20 minutes, Canary Wharf within 15 minutes or give you handy connections at Whitechapel for the District line (to Kensington in 45 minutes). Alternatively, there are direct buses on the road opposite to Oxford Street/ Tottenham Court Road, Waterloo and Holborn. If you're a City slicker, you could walk to work or catch one of the many buses outside the apartment leading down to Bishopsgate and reach the City with 5-10 minutes.
The home truths will appear here.
No smoking, no pets and no parties please!
STANDARD CHECK IN TIME IS BETWEEN 3PM AND 7PM. A slot must be agreed with us before your arrival so that we can meet you at the property.
- It may be possible to arrange an earlier or later check in slot (between 12pm and 3pm and from 7pm to 10pm) for an additional fee. If available, these can be agreed directly with customer services before your stay. Please note that the availability of check-ins outside our standard check in times depends on the availability of the property immediately before your arrival.
- Your greeter will be at the house before you arrive. They will be there to greet you, introduce the house, hand over the keys and provide you with a guide to living in the house.
BAG DROPS, FOR EARLY ARRIVALS
- - If you are arriving earlier than 3pm and would like to arrange a bag drop, there are a number of secure bag drop locations in Central, West, North, South and East London:
You can arrange this on arrival at the location for £8.50 per item for 24 hours.
- - Alternatively, you may like to consider renting the property from the night before.
CHECK OUT TIME IS 10AM
- You will need to leave the property by 10am on the day of your departure so that our cleaners can prepare the property for the next stay.
- Handpicked & Quality assured accommodation
- Secure online payment system
- Professionally Managed
This property is
Reservations Team if
you have any questions:
|+1 646 688 4865|
|020 3544 3777|