Wilmer Apartment, Stoke Newington
Just north of Dalston and Canonbury, Stoke Newington has a slightly bohemian feel, although not as strongly as it once did due to the high numbers of affluent families moving into the area. There’s an interesting multi-cultural mix, with many Jewish, Irish and Asian communities, and you can enjoy cuisine from all over the world in this hip area.
You will find a selection of trendy, Dalston-esque coffee shops and bars as well as Caribbean restaurants, delicatessens and traditional ‘pie n’ mash’ shops. There are boutique shops in abundance as well as popular ‘Stokey’ local drinking spots Auld Shillelagh – an Irish pub with music nights, film showings and a very friendly atmosphere - or The Baby Bathhouse with its plush décor and eccentric style. With The Vortex, one of London’s best jazz clubs here, and the large Clissold Park with it’s ‘Clissold 1 O’Clock Club’ with activities for under 5’s, Stoke Newington is one for families, as well as young couples or groups looking for somewhere hip and a little ‘off the radar’.
No smoking, pets or parties please!
This open-plan apartment has wooden flooring and modern wall lighting throughout. The kitchen area has modern appliances, including a hob, oven, blender and coffee maker, and 2 stools to sit at the worktop. The living space has a large black leather sofa, several beanbags, a wooden coffee table and lots of shelving with books, cds and dvds. There is a flatscreen tv, many interesting prints, a record player and a collection of records. Splashes of colour in furnishings and soft lighting give a homely feel to a large and airy space.
The bedroom is on a mezzanine floor overlooking the living area, and has a double bed, a small bedside table and chest of drawers. The bathroom on this floor has a shower unit, a sink and loo.
This home is on the Islington/Hackney border, and both boroughs have a huge array of boutique shops, restaurants, cafes and bars. Stoke Newington is a fairly Bohemian area with lots of interesting boutique shops. Hackney is the vibrant art quarter of the city, with lots of art galleries and place to buy antiques. If you fancy a stroll the lovely green space of Clissold Park is only a 5 minute walk away.
The nearest train station, Stoke Newington rail, is only 5 minutes away and can connect you to Liverpool Street station in 15 minutes. Manor House station is a 25 minute walk away and connects to the Piccadilly line, or alternatively Finsbury Park is a 30 minute walk and connects to the Piccadilly and Victoria lines. There are also many buses serving Stoke Newington, going to King’s Cross, Hyde Park, Oxford Circus, Victoria, Camden, Euston, Dalston, Shoreditch and Waterloo.
You are well-located for travelling to the Olympic Village. A short bus ride takes you to Dalston Kingsland
The home truths will appear here.
No smoking, pets or parties please!
STANDARD CHECK IN TIME IS BETWEEN 3PM AND 7PM. A slot must be agreed with us before your arrival so that we can meet you at the property.
- It may be possible to arrange an earlier or later check in slot (between 12pm and 3pm and from 7pm to 10pm) for an additional fee. If available, these can be agreed directly with customer services before your stay. Please note that the availability of check-ins outside our standard check in times depends on the availability of the property immediately before your arrival.
- Your greeter will be at the house before you arrive. They will be there to greet you, introduce the house, hand over the keys and provide you with a guide to living in the house.
BAG DROPS, FOR EARLY ARRIVALS
- - If you are arriving earlier than 3pm and would like to arrange a bag drop, there are a number of secure bag drop locations in Central, West, North, South and East London:
You can arrange this on arrival at the location for £8.50 per item for 24 hours.
- - Alternatively, you may like to consider renting the property from the night before.
CHECK OUT TIME IS 10AM
- You will need to leave the property by 10am on the day of your departure so that our cleaners can prepare the property for the next stay.
- Handpicked & Quality assured accommodation
- Secure online payment system
- Professionally Managed
This property is
Reservations Team if
you have any questions:
|+1 646 688 4865|
|020 3544 3777|