Oakley Road, 1 bed in Islington
Elegant Islington is a desirable residential area north of central London that stretches from Islington High Street to Highbury Fields and includes the busy Upper Street district. There are a plethora of charming homes which cater perfectly for both small and large families. Dating back to the Domesday Book and predominantly built during the 19th century, it boasts some of the most elegant Georgian terraced streets and Victorian squares in the city including Lonsdale Square which has a beautiful garden at its centre.
With a mixture of cultural shops, pubs and cafés, Islington is a favourite drinking and dining spot for many. The high street, historically located along Camden Passage in the village of Islington, has since been eclipsed by the more modern Upper Street, although people will still head here for the antiques market and boutiques. You’ll find intriguing vintage shops nestled between the fashionable shops in this area, and do look out for the Banksy masterpieces as you stroll the streets. Islington is definitely an area for the foodie too, with cuisine from all around the world on offer.
There’s a fantastic arts scene in Islington - also known as the capital’s alternative theatre land - and it caters for both movie buffs and theatre lovers alike. There is an independent cinema and two reputable theatres in the area, notably Sadler’s Well's which showcases world-class dance, the Almeida Theatre or the Little Angel Theatre for performances to entertain the children.
For couples or families wanting a unique city break in an area packed with style and close to the centre, Islington is a great choice.
Leading on from the kitchen is a bright living room featuring wooden floors and wooden panel windows uniquely dressed with an antique flower motif blind. A double black leather sofa and matching armchair allow for plenty of seating. A beautiful wooden mirror hangs over the ornate fireplace while the walls are tastefully decorated with interesting prints. There is circular glass table and art deco lamp for dining and large flat screen TV.The master bedroom is tastefully decorated with Chinese prints and has high ceilings, a large wooden panelled window, wooden floorboards, a double bed and TV.
The bathroom is well sized with a black and white colour scheme. It has quality ceramic fixtures with a bath, large shower and toilet. Upon request, the apartment can accommodate 2 additional guests with the use of a top quality air mattress (set up in the living room).
The apartment is in a great location in the little village of De Beauvoir with its local cafés, restaurants and pubs. About a 10 minute walk is the heart of Dalston and its fantastic range of restaurants, cafés, jazz bars, clubs, supermarkets, cinema and daily market all within easy reach. Hoxton and Shoreditch are a short bus ride for exploring art galleries, live music venues, boutiques and more eateries. You can walk to Upper Street/Islington in just over 15 minutes. This up-market area is lined with boutiques, cafes, restaurants, supermarkets as well as a couple of cinemas and theatres and a shopping centre. Dalston Kingsland and Dalston Junction are a 10 minute walk. This line will take you to Stratford (for the Olympic Village within 10 mins). Canonbury Overground is just over a 10 min walk and will take you down to Oxford Circus within 20 minutes. Alternatively, a number of buses from the nearby stop will take you straight to the West End and Oxford Street within 20 minutes.
The home truths will appear here.
STANDARD CHECK IN TIME IS BETWEEN 3PM AND 7PM. A slot must be agreed with us before your arrival so that we can meet you at the property.
- It may be possible to arrange an earlier or later check in slot (between 12pm and 3pm and from 7pm to 10pm) for an additional fee. If available, these can be agreed directly with customer services before your stay. Please note that the availability of check-ins outside our standard check in times depends on the availability of the property immediately before your arrival.
- Your greeter will be at the house before you arrive. They will be there to greet you, introduce the house, hand over the keys and provide you with a guide to living in the house.
BAG DROPS, FOR EARLY ARRIVALS
- - If you are arriving earlier than 3pm and would like to arrange a bag drop, there are a number of secure bag drop locations in Central, West, North, South and East London:
You can arrange this on arrival at the location for £8.50 per item for 24 hours.
- - Alternatively, you may like to consider renting the property from the night before.
CHECK OUT TIME IS 10AM
- You will need to leave the property by 10am on the day of your departure so that our cleaners can prepare the property for the next stay.
- Handpicked & Quality assured accommodation
- Secure online payment system
- Professionally Managed
This property is
Reservations Team if
you have any questions:
|+1 646 688 4865|
|020 3544 3777|