Spectacular Parsons Green Townhouse 6 Bed, Fulham
Fulham is a green and affluent area within close reach of the many exciting highlights of London: Hyde Park, Kensington Palace, Buckingham Palace, Victoria & Albert Museum, Natural History Museum, Harrods and the chic boutiques of Kings Road, Sloane Square and Knightsbridge. The area is also home to many exquisite interior design and antique shops and art galleries on New Kings Road.
Fulham Road and Kings Road are at the heart of the covetable bar, restaurant and café scene. You are rarely far from a decent gastro-pub with favourites The White Horse – affectionately known as ‘the Sloaney Pony’ – and Aragon House both close by in Parsons Green. The area is well served with Whole Foods Market, excellent Australian and Californian styled cafes, and good range of restaurants, all of which make the area very appealing to professionals, couples and families looking to stay in an upmarket area, without compromising on style or local amenities.
There are a number of parks and open spaces in the area such as Fulham Palace Gardens, Bishops Park, Eel Brook Common and Parsons Green, where you’ll often see runners, cyclists and families picnicking in the summer months. Most of the residential roads in Fulham are lined with trees and houses from the Victorian and Edwardian era. Fulham Palace is a beautiful medieval building and offers a delightful Tudor courtyard, an 18th century garden hosting contemporary sculptures and a museum which houses the Palace's history.
Sports lovers will be familiar with Fulham. It is home to Premier League soccer clubs Chelsea FC and Fulham FC and, on match days, Fulham thrives when the masses of soccer fans (or footballs fans as they are called in England!) descend onto the grounds.
No smoking, no pets and no parties please!
The reception room is bright with sash windows, a feature fireplace (with modern gas fire inset) and is decorated in beautiful silver, white and black tones. There’s a comfortable sofa, 2 separate large chairs, coffee table, wooden flooring and a feature rug.
Take some proper time out downstairs in the large family media room with large flatscreen wall-mounted tv, surround sound and recessed halogen spotlights to dim to low when the movies start! Keep your wine chilled in the glass-fronted, climate controlled wine cellar.
The master bedroom is decorated simply and stylishly with quality bedding on its king-sized bed, an impressive headboard and bed-side tables. There’s also a flat-screen tv for relaxing in bed. The en suite has a wood panelled bath, step-up separate shower with power shower, wash-hand basin, WC, large mirror and lots of room for your toiletries.
The second bedroom is similarly decorated in muted tones with headboard, queen-sized bed and bed-side tables. The en suite has a shower, WC, vanity wash-hand basin and large mirror.
The third bedroom has a double bed, bedside tables and lots of wardrobe space. The third bathroom has a bath, vanity wash-hand basin, WC and extra-large mirror and dormer window. There’s also a power shower.
The fourth and fifth bedrooms provide peaceful retreats at the top of the house with double beds, recessed halogen spotlights, wardrobes and chest of drawers.
On the basement level there’s a convenient utility room with washer/dryer and sink.
Arguably, the knock-out room comes in the form of the Nicholas Anthony, specially commissioned, German kitchen. There’s a granite breakfast bar, Miele appliances and a dining table which can seat 6. Glass doors open out to the back garden with wooden decking, beds with trees and plants and atmospheric outdoor lighting. The garden extends to almost 40 foot and makes a great spot for entertaining.
All of the main rooms in the house have Bose audio/touchpads. The televisions all have high definition and there’s wireless internet. Also included in your stay is a weekly clean.
Enjoy the village and family atmosphere of Parsons Green with its boutiques, cafes and delis. You’re close to the green spaces of both Eel Brook Common and South Park. And, you won’t have to travel too to reach the popular King's Road (just a 5 minute walk) and Fulham Road as you head east, towards Kensington and Chelsea.
The nearest Underground stations are Parsons Green (7 minutes walk), Fulham Broadway (15 minutes walk) or the Wandsworth Town station (National Rail 10 minutes walk) so you’re well placed for fast connections to central London.
The local area has a lovely relaxed feel to it, with a selection of over 40 bars, restaurants and cafes to enjoy nearby.
Within a 5 minute walk you have:
• Joe’s Brasserie – a good bar and restaurant with a good food (particularly their Sunday Roast) and a chilled ambience. Good for food at any time of day…and Guy Ritchie used to be a barman here!
• The Sand’s End on Stephendale Road has the highest acclaim from reknowned critic A.A. Gill who said ‘if it were at the end of my street, it would be my local’. A small but lively gastropub which has won many awards
• De Cecco – a smart Italian restaurant which is good value and very popular with Americans
• Mao Tai on New King’s Road – a trendy place for a cocktail and some great Chinese food
• Aragon House belonged to Queen Katherine of Aragon and in the 18th century was home to novelist Samuel Richardson – a good choice to enjoy their great BBQ food and a cocktail in the summer months
Within a 10 minute walk you have:
• The Harwood Arms is a Michelin starred gastropub with great British, country-style food
• Sukho on Fulham Road – a stylish Thai restaurant serving great authentic dishes
• Pappa Ciccia is a good Italian restaurant and takeaway serving rustic country-style food
Within a short taxi/bus ride you have:
• The Bluebird on the King’s Road is a smart, iconic Chelsea restaurant with good food and cocktails
• Tom Aikens restaurant on Elystan Street is high end and trendy
• Lucio on Fulham Road is a good Italian
• Sophie’s Steakhouse on Fulham Road serves good food and has a fun atmosphere
• Eight over Eight on the King’s Road is a trendy place with a good bar and a pan-Asian menu
The home truths will appear here.
No smoking, no pets and no parties please!
- Handpicked & Quality assured accommodation
- Secure online payment system
- Professionally Managed
This property is
Reservations Team if
you have any questions:
|+1 646 688 4865|
|020 3544 3777|